Comprehensive Guide for Undergraduate Admission
Law School Admissions Guide
MBA Admissions Guide
Med School Admissions Guide
Undergraduate Admissions Guide
When people discover our profession, they either love us or hate us. As part of our academic careers, we serve as admissions officers at Ivy League schools. Everyone has strong thoughts on the subject and specific questions for us. How do we choose candidates? Do we give an edge to minority students? Is the deck stacked against a low-income white applicant?
We're amazed at the many myths and misconceptions that surround the Ivy League admission mystique. Despite a strong public relations campaign to encourage applications, we repeatedly see qualified students hold back, while other less talented candidates feel entitled to admission for irrelevant reasons. We have the challenging job of assembling a talented, diverse class from an overwhelming number of candidates. Due to space limitations, we must reject 80-95% of all applicants, including many with perfect test scores and grade point averages. How do we do it? What gives an applicant an edge?
We have published comprehensive guides to enable potential students (undergraduate, medical school, business school and law school) to better approach the Ivy League admissions process. Our mission:
2. To discourage non-competitive applicants whose needs are better served by less selective schools
3. To dispel common myths about the relevance of minority status, socioeconomic background, and athletic recruiting
4. To describe the relevance of SAT scores, including the mathematical formula used to determine admission "cutoffs"
5. To enable applicants to choose the courses and outside activities that will maximize their chances for Ivy League admission
6. To prepare candidates for their admissions interview
7. To help applicants solicit recommendation letters that support their application
8. To ultimately improve the quality and diversity of the applicant pool by disseminating useful, relevant inside information about the admissions process
Our publication, Ivy League Admission Guide: Undergraduate School (ISBN: 978-1-933819-69-3) discusses the following topics:
Chapter 2. College Essays
of Your Essay in the Admissions Decision
Chapter 3. Recommendation Letters for College Admission
a Great Letter?
Chapter 4. The Interview: Questions & Strategies to Gain Admission
of Successful Applicants
Chapter 5. Conclusion: Our Best Tips to Gain Admission
2: Sample Rating Sheet
Few applicants realize the power (and responsibility) they have to project a polished, professional image. From our experience, few candidates are accepted by accident: their success is a culmination of hard work, initiative and strategic planning.
Optimize your chances of Ivy League admission with advice from actual committee members. Learn how you will be evaluated. Know your chances. At each step in the admissions process, convey exactly the attributes you want the committee to see. Our selection criteria and inside advice will probably surprise you!
order the electronic (pdf) version of the guide for $20,
please click the link below.
(Revised and Updated in September 2012)
Note: For security reasons, the electronic version of this product is no longer available for immediate download from our server. Instead, we will send it to you via email when we receive your order. Our delivery hours are 8 am - 8 pm (Eastern time), 7 days per week.
Our Best Tips for Gaining Admission:
Even if you don't order our guide, we would like to leave you with a quick summary of our best tips for gaining admission: